Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Soy + Soy Wax Melts

I love when my room smells good and especially love burning candles. I was looking on etsy to get something to make my room smelling good when I came across home fragrance oils. I bought them and they are great, but it was a hassle buying those tea lights and constantly having to add water to the oil. So I kept looking for a better alternative. Then I came across soy wax melts.

That got me thinking, what's the difference between regular wax melts and soy wax melts. I looked up information about soy and it's used as food, made into tofu, soy milk, wax and oil. It has many uses and is very healthy and better for the enviornment than it's 'other' counter parts. When I started to read about soy wax vs. regular (bees & parafin) wax there was a huge difference. Soy wax burns clean where regular candle wax can leave soot on your walls! It has a very low melting point so you can use it in low-watt wax burners and it burns more evenly than regular wax. It's also bio degradable since it's made from a plant. I was hooked when I read all of this.

So I made a purchase from Sparkle Puss for some soy wax melts. They smell divine and I had them in a tart warmer in my room. You could even smell it coming up the stairs in my house and my mom even made a comment about how nice my room smells! If you love burning candles or wax melts, consider soy as a more environmentally friendly option.

1 comments:

Sew Bettie said...

I just discovered soy melties too! I cannot believe how fragrant they are.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com