Friday, October 3, 2008

Mineral Makeup

I have to say that I love the *idea* of makeup but I hate wearing it. I never wore foundation or coverup, I'm just talking eyeshadow, mascara and lip gloss. The lip gloss I do, but the mascara and eye shadow I've always had a problem with. They make my eyes itch and burn like crazy. At first everything seems ok, and then all of a sudden I feel like I'm going blind. And that's when I stopped wearing that stuff.

Fast forward a few years and I will be going into the *real* workforce and have to look presentable for other things as well. So I broke down and bought some mineral makeup from Etsy. I got a variety of colors in sample sizes, just in case I didn't like them I wouldn't feel so bad about buying a regular sized container. I actually went and bought from two sellers: MineralMagic and PinkQuartzMinerals.

I asked a few questions about Mineral Magic and decided to start with a color scheme for brown eyes. She had 4 chosen shadows for that and they all appealed to me so I got that to start out with. They shipped to me within the week, everything was professionally wrapped and labled and of course I had to test it right away. I have to say that I had it on from morning to night (with the addition of the veil she sells) and it stayed on just as well or better than regular makeup. And as a bonus there was no itching or burning! Yay! This shop will be getting more of my business soon!

I just got the package from Pink Quartz Minerals, and although it did take a while to get to me, I do like the colors. I still have not tested them on my eyes, but my first impression is that I do like them. She included a small booklet for those who have never used mineral makeup, which was nice.

I would reccommend mineral makeup for those who are sensitive to the things they've tried from a drugstore or department store. I believe this stuff, by far, surpasses that and it's much more affordable. So go ahead and treat your self to some great makeup!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com